Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) have become an integral part of the telecom industry as they fulfill the requirements of subscribers who are not satisfied with the services of MNOs. But, being an MVNO in the present-day competitive world is not easy. Many MVNOs are conceptualized with great visions and seem to work well in the beginning, but they often struggle to maintain their momentum because of one reason or another. Whatever the reason may appear on the surface, the root cause of their problem lies in the telecom billing systems they employ.
Solve your MVNO Problem with the Right Telecommunications Billing Software
MVNOs can be tricky to run because they always have to stay on their toes to usurp competition. Unlike bigger players, they do not have a huge customer base and depend on a limited pool of customers. They have to constantly innovate, for which, a versatile telecommunications billing software solution is a minimum requirement. Have a look at some of the features telecom billing systems should have for passing the minimum criteria:
- Revenue assurance with true real-time billing – A centralized charging system that performs true real-time charging of telecom services is the key to preventing revenue loss. A quality Online Charging System (OCS) can serve as the central point of MVNOs telecom billing systems and help them maximize their income. A true real-time OCS is also beneficial for MVNO subscribers as it enforces credit limits rigorously and prevents customers from exceeding their designated quota and incurring additional charges.
- Convergence in billing – Not only a quality OCS system ensures real-time billing, it also allows for completely convergent billing. Convergence is important as it lets MVNOs to create fully-bifurcated and detailed invoices with the mention of every service utilized by the subscribers on a single bill. Also, such convergent billing helps your customer support team provide better support to the subscribers and at the same time enhance their trust.
- Customer self-service – A lot of MVNOs have millennials as their primary customer base. These millennials want control and want to make changes to their telecom services plans at their whims and fancies. Therefore, you need a telecommunications billing software solution with provision for self-service.
- Analytics – Analytics are crucial for deriving insights. As telecom billing systems are the primary subscriber touch points, they can be integrated with analytics functionality to instantly generate insights that can be invaluable for a business. The analytics can be quite useful as they can help you understand subscriber behavior and preference in a better way than any human mind ever could.
- Security – As telecommunications billing software hold critical subscriber information like email address, home address, phone number, online banking information etc., it becomes imperative to secure these systems with the relevant security measures for countering hackers’ threats. Especially in these times when technologies like IoT are booming and the data transmitted via the air interface is at an all-time high, security has become one of the most important criteria that telecom billing systems must pass.
- APIs – As cost of overhauling or customizing telecom billing systems is quite high, you need the power of APIs to fulfill pressing requirements that can arise at any time. A versatile telecommunications billing software like Telgoo5 comes equipped with unique APIs for different business use cases for fulfilling such requirements with ease.